Wow! Three weeks since my last post! Time really flies when you get busy eh?!
Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas, had your goals and action plan set for this year, and are well on your way to achieve your first set of small goals! If not, do watch Derek Gehl’s Goal Setting Video if you are dealing with Internet Businesses. That will give you a headstart.
Anyway, let’s have a bookmarks explosion to explode into my first post in 2009!
- Are you learning to be a better blogger? Stop it, because that is a total waste of time. At least that is what Jonathan says.
- Doing an SEO project? You have to know your keywords! Here’s how. Check out this awesome Keyword Strategy Flowchart and Search Traffic Growth Profile Guide, both from SEO book.
- … and as you are building links, do check out this link building tutorial by Saad Kamal and this awesome list of 75 link building techniques.
- In Web Usability, Drop down list are no good, because they don’t allow your readers to see what is available immediately. However when you clients insist, do give them an SEO friendly CSS enabled drop down list. This is one great example. And if you always feel “something is missing in your designs”, check out these 10 tips to improve you UI designs.
- I’ve always wondered why they didn’t allow the links widget in WordPress to be customized to display only one category of links. Here’s a widget to workaround that. Talking about WordPress, we all know WordPress 2.7 is the hottest babe and coolest hunk in the blogging world now, don’t you? Here’s an essential guide on mastering your WordPress 2.7 theme and admin area.
- WordPress Plugins – love them of hate them. But if you love them, check out these first 9 plugins to love, first.
- Oooh, you’ll love these from Copyblogger: The big secret to sell anything, and The Millionaire’s Secret Trait That Attracts Crazy Amounts of Success. Awesome reads.
- Social Media Marketing is big thing, and in 2009, its only going to be bigger! If you are going into social media, you gotta check out Moon Loh’s tips on the important things you need to know and apply for Social media.
- Did you know Google was a spelling mistake?, no wonder Ian said search engines aren’t smart.
- Is Corporate Blogging taking off yet?! Forrester says consumers don’t trust corporate blogs… but here’s what the corporate blogging guru has to say about it.
- Go Drupal! I think it’ll beat Joomla soon.
- PPC advertising is a good way to bring in fast traffic… and fast cash. If you follow the right way to use it. Check out these 7 tips to save money on PPC.
- Will SlideRocket beat Slideshare? Try it to find out.
- Wanna get your site up in 10 mins and you’re missing a logo? Try this Web 2.0 logo creator
- If you are getting traffic from Twitter, consider a Twitter landing page!
- HTML 5 looks awesome, but that’s 3 years to come. Hopefully by then I’d be lazing on the beach with an enterprise of web developers doing the coding though.
- Camtasia Studio and Camstudio. Mix them together, and you get uTipu. Awesome free video capture software.
- Now you have Google docs on your desktop. I really wonder what Microsoft has to say about this, and their plans for Ms Office.
- Doing business? Watch this number. Its the most important number in business. Don’t watch it and you’re dead.
- Going into video marketing? You should. Check out this awesome video marketing tool, and also these tips on how to make your videos work for you.
- I still want to write a book. Its been 2 years. Argh. Maybe I should follow these 8 tips. Do you wanna write a book too?
- I’m half a geek, and I love it when I get the opportunity to dive into tonnes of code. But if you are not like me, check out common craft – they’ve got awesome videos to explain everything.
Woohoo! That’s quite a list eh! Enjoy! Happy New Year!