Of late, I’ve been paying particular attention, and digging out my old emails from all the “guru” marketers – and analysing their recommendations with regard to marketing a business online.
Apart from slight the very slight variations to the four-step Internet marketing process, I have noticed one very common recommendation.
.. and that is…
START A BLOG!
Heh! Seriously. (You’re not going to tell me that you weren’t expecting that were you?)
Why? I mean, why do so many gurus actually recommend blogging? Simply because blogging is by far the best way for you to own your own website (on your own domain) which allows you to:
- Build up a following over time.
- Keep your followers updated about you!
- Express your thoughts without having to tweak HTML and other techical gooey stuff
- Show that you are real!
- Incorporate media (using podcasts and embedded videos
- Earn some Adsense monies when you start up to cover you basic business overheads like web hosting.
So frankly, if you are reading this and you haven’t done so, GO START A BLOG!
Even if you don’t have anything to sell yet, don’t wait further, start a blog on your interest FIRST, then find what niche to go into within your interest.
If you don’t know how to, check out my free 10 part blog marketing e-course.
I’m sure you got the message, so I’m done. 🙂